Sunday, February 3, 2013

Corbels and Trim

 

This post is all about jazzing up the knee wall under the countertop. We decided to trim it out in a shaker style like the cabinets and add corbels.

510

Donnie isn’t as into the corbels as I am, but we had to use them due to the countertop material. Corian is somewhat soft and flexible, so it’s advised to support the overhang from underneath.

512

This is after I got it primed.

516

This is the final paint color. As you can tell I was priming into the night and got the paint on the next morning. This is Benjamin Moore’s White Dove. It’s the same color that’s on the cabinets.

522

This is a close up of the corbel. It’s from Home Depot and was about $10. I like the simple shape. I think we need to add some caulk between it and the underside of the countertop.

524

Here’s how it looks with the barstools pushed in. I plan on painting them, but I haven’t decided on a color. Right now I’m thinking either aqua or orange. I’m going to wait until we get the backsplash up before I make any decisions.

526

Here’s the view from the dining room. Next weekend we plan on putting up the backsplash tile and the range hood. We have the range hood and the tile should be in this week.

Notice the plant to the left. It’s a zz plant. I’m planning on decorating with house plants this time around. Not only do they look nice, they improve the air quality. I’ll let you know which ones are easy to keep alive.

528

3 comments:

  1. It looks so awesome, Megan! And you're not even done! So beautiful! I can't wait to see the backsplash and what you decide to paint the barstools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bar. We were thinking of doing the same to divide kitchen and living room. How wide is the bar and how wide is the counter top. What did you decide for the backsplash? Would love to see the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the corbel?

    ReplyDelete